The Ford Fusion is back and better than ever for the 2017 model year. The latest edition of the best-selling Fusion has several brand new, high-tech features to make driving it even more enjoyable. The following are five of our favorite features of the 2017 Ford Fusion.
1). Available LED Headlamps
LED headlights are one of the many exciting new options available on the 2017 Ford Fusion. These headlamps offer superior quality over halogen bulbs. They are also brighter and use less energy than incandescent bulbs.
2). Three Engine Choices
- 1.5L Ti-VCT GTDI I-4 EcoBoost® with Auto Start-Stop – features 181 hp, 185 lb.-ft of torque and front-wheel drive
- 2.0L Ti-VCT GTDI I-4 EcoBoost® – features 245 hp, 275 lb.-ft of torque and front or all-wheel drive
- 2.7L turbocharged EcoBoost® V6 – features 325 hp, 380 lb.-ft of torque and standard all-wheel drive
The 1.5L EcoBoost engine features Ford’s Auto Start-Stop technology, which helps reduce vehicle emissions by automatically shutting off the engine when the vehicle comes to a stop in city driving. While the engine is off, the air conditioning and radio stay on to keep you comfortable. As soon as you take your foot off the brake, the engine seamlessly restarts. This technology not only saves you money, it also reduces emissions and helps reduce smog in congested urban areas.
3). FordPass™ App
Owners can control certain features of their car with the FordPass App and SYNC®. Available for both Android and iOS, the FordPass App allows you to:
- Check your fuel level remotely to plan out your trip
- Remotely unlock and start your vehicle
- Request roadside assistance
- Locate your vehicle
4). Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go
With this amazing feature, you won’t have to get frustrated in stop-and-go traffic. The 2017 Ford Fusion has a radar sensor that can detect slowing traffic ahead and automatically brake and accelerate to keep you moving at the same pace as other traffic. It will even bring your vehicle to a complete stop and restart it when traffic starts moving again. This feature was once found only on high-end European luxury cars.
5). Park Assist
The Ford Fusion’s enhanced active park assist feature utilizes 12 ultrasonic sensors to assist with side, parallel and perpendicular parking.
- Side Parking Sensor – The 2017 Fusion will warn you when it becomes too close to objects.
- Park Out Assist – Sometimes it’s difficult to steer out of a tight parallel parking spot, and that’s where the park out assist comes in handy. This system will help you by providing instructions on shifting and moving forward and backward while it steers you out of a tight spot.
- Perpendicular Parking Assist – The Ford Fusion can scan for suitable parking spaces and assist you with backing your vehicle into the spot. The car’s onboard computers will take care of the steering while you shift, accelerate and brake.
Ford Fusions in Wall Township
Seabreeze Ford in New Jersey has a wide variety of all-new 2017 Ford Fusions as well as used and pre-owned models to choose from. Browse our selection or feel free to stop in for a test drive today.